THE DESIGNER COLLECTION
Leather Journal with Designer Fabric Lining A5 size
The Designer Collection embraces beautiful fabrics and silky threads with gorgeous leather to create pieces to be enjoyed and treasured.
Hand stitched leather journals have a magical quality! Used for hundreds of years, you can feel this tradition when you hold one.
Hidden treasures wait to be explored within the covers of beautiful leathers. The fabrics will be available for a limited time only and will continually change. Just add your preferred fabric to the shopping cart when you order your journal.
Please note that not all fabric and leather combinations have been photographed but I will add them as they become available. Choose from the following current designs:
Fish Charcoal by Sarah Watts
Strong bold and fishy with bright pink triangle gills of course!
Gum Leaves by Kathy Doughty
Vivid colours and patterns are the feature of these beautiful gum leaves inspired by a visit to the Australian.
Paper Weight by Kaffe Fasett
A kaleidoscope of colour from this well known and loved designer.
Brilliant jewels of colour are displayed in this garden where elegant birds fly through.
Choose a colour from the beautiful range of quality genuine cowhide leathers. These leathers are chosen for their soft and supple feel as well as their deep rich colours and patterns.
The Treasured Qualities of a Handcrafted Journal:
- Strength - the hand stitched pages result in a stronger journal than glued books
- Flexibility - the soft leather covers tuck easily into bags, pockets and backpacks - unlike hard covered books
- Easy to write in - pages lay flat - NO spiral bindings
- Protection - the wrap around cover protects the fore edge of the pages, the wrapping strap helps to hold the cover securely closed
- Sensual - the feel of a handcrafted leather journal delights the senses. Soft and flexible to the touch and visually beautiful
- A Sense of Ritual - the wrapping and unwrapping of the journal is a moment of ritual that many leather journal owners savour
- It's Your Story - Writing becomes an experience again! Holding a writing instrument in your hand and making your mark is very personal.
This Handcrafted Journal features:
- Beautiful Liberty of London Fabric lining
- A5 Leather Journal (approx 21cm H x 15cm W - Half an A4)
- Quality genuine leather handcrafted cover
- Genuine kangaroo leather wrap around strap
- Hand stitched pages using beautiful Italian Aurifil thread
- 192 pages
- Beautiful creme coloured Australian made paper, watermarked with the National Archives of Australia symbol. Archival for 500 years...>
- 90gsm paper weight
- Hand folded and pierced
- Signed by the Binder
- Totally handmade by a book lover in Australia
Personalise This Journal
The journal can be personalised with a Title Page printed with a name, a quote or both. Add a personalised title page to this journal ...>
And you are supporting and enabling an Artisan Tradition to continue!
From the Maker's Hands to Yours...
A labour of Pride & Love!