THE DESIGNER COLLECTION
Leather Journal A5 Liberty of London Fabric
The Designer Collection embraces beautiful fabrics and silky threads with gorgeous leather to create pieces to be enjoyed and treasured.
Hand stitched leather journals have a magical quality! Used for hundreds of years, you can feel this tradition when you hold one.
Liberty of London has been delighting the world with stunning fabrics for over 140 years. Known for their exquisite designs from very talented artists. And who knew they worked so beautifully with leather and paper! An ideal choice for creating my new range.
Hidden treasures await to be explored within the covers of beautiful brown leathers. The fabrics will be available for a limited time only and will continually change. Just add your preferred fabric to the shopping cart when you order your journal.
Please note that not all fabric and leather combinations have been photographed but I will add them as they become available. Larger images of fabric designs are shown in the product photos. Choose from the following current designs:
'Elderberry print is an intricate symphony of tiny wildflowers, reflecting the complex microcosm of a summer’s meadow.' I chose it for it's beautiful colours that work well with the brown leathers.
'With their round and succulent forms, peaches and pears have a sensuous appeal that delighted Art Nouveau designers. Peach Porter print is simple and classic, adorned with symmetrical globes of elegant fruit.' And to me it is very reminiscent of the wonderful work of William Morris. And there's a frog hidden in the design... can you see it!
The Strawberry Thief
The Strawberry Thief is lustrously detailed and rich in colour, it depicts birds stealing fruit in Morris' Oxfordshire garden. First printed by William Morris in 1883, it is part of a group of designs incorporating animals with flowers.
A vibrant display of beautiful flowers in a painterly style. A palette that goes well with Turquoise, Purple or black.
Rose Xantha - NO LONGER IN STOCK
From their Alice in Wonderland collection: 'Rose Xanthe Liberty fabric is inspired by painting the roses red in the Queen of Heart's garden. The rose is based on Rosa Xanthia who was living in the garden when her friends were changed by hand from white to red.'
"Would you tell me please, " said Alice, a little timidly, "why you are painting those roses? " – Lewis Carroll
And I loved the beautiful pink colour combination. This works particularly well with my purple leather - wonderful combination.
Choose a colour from the beautiful range of quality genuine cowhide leathers. These leathers are chosen for their soft and supple feel as well as their deep rich colours and patterns.
The Treasured Qualities of a Handcrafted Journal:
- Strength - the hand stitched pages result in a stronger journal than glued books
- Flexibility - the soft leather covers tuck easily into bags, pockets and backpacks - unlike hard covered books
- Easy to write in - pages lay flat - NO spiral bindings
- Protection - the wrap around cover protects the fore edge of the pages, the wrapping strap helps to hold the cover securely closed
- Sensual - the feel of a handcrafted leather journal delights the senses. Soft and flexible to the touch and visually beautiful
- A Sense of Ritual - the wrapping and unwrapping of the journal is a moment of ritual that many leather journal owners savour
- It's Your Story - Writing becomes an experience again! Holding a writing instrument in your hand and making your mark is very personal.
This Handcrafted Journal features:
- Beautiful Liberty of London Fabric lining
- A5 Leather Journal (approx 21cm H x 15cm W - Half an A4)
- Quality genuine leather handcrafted cover
- Genuine kangaroo leather wrap around strap
- Hand stitched pages using beautiful Italian Aurifil thread
- 192 pages
- Beautiful creme coloured Australian made paper, watermarked with the National Archives of Australia symbol. Archival for 500 years...>
- 90gsm paper weight
- Hand folded and pierced
- Signed by the Binder
- Totally handmade by a book lover in Australia
Personalise This Journal
The journal can be personalised with a Title Page printed with a name, a quote or both. Add a personalised title page to this journal ...>
And you are supporting and enabling an Artisan Tradition to continue!
From the Maker's Hands to Yours...
A labour of Pride & Love!