The Book Of Dad
Wonderfully wise, wacky or witty...Each Dad is unique!
Treasure his story in a handcrafted leather journal featuring a Title page with his name.
Is your Dad an endless source of bad 'Dad' jokes? Or perhaps he's a philosopher.
'Pearls of Wit' or 'Pearls of Wisdom'... capture your family's history!
Select a predesigned Title page that reflects your Dad or design your own.
Add a monogram to the leather for that extra special touch.
Prefer a larger size? The Book of Dad is also available in the larger A4 size. See here...
Bonus 'Treasure Your Story' Prompter
Does your family know what Dad dreamed for his future when he was young? Do you know what he still wants to do with his life? What are his favourite memories of you? I've written a handy 'Story Starter' with Dads in mind that will hopefully reveal some of these gems.
Dad not a big writer? Perhaps a family member can act as a scribe. Or Dad may prefer to type his stories, print and paste into the journal. Whichever method Dad chooses, a journal may help start the process to capture this family history.
Add initials to this journal with blind debossing. Beautiful brass letters are heat stamped into the leather to create a timeless and elegant impression. Add a monogram here...
Hand stitched leather journals have a magical quality! Used for hundreds of years, you can feel this tradition when you hold one.
Handcrafted in the style of an earlier era, each journal is a work of art and signed by the Binder. Read about the Leather Journal story here...>
The Treasured Qualities of a Handcrafted Journal:
- Strength - the hand stitched pages result in a stronger journal than glued books
- Flexibility - the soft leather covers tuck easily into bags, pockets and backpacks - unlike hard covered books
- Easy to write in - pages lay flat - NO spiral bindings
- Protection - the wrap around cover protects the fore edge of the pages, the wrapping strap helps to hold the cover securely closed
- Sensual - the feel of a handcrafted leather journal delights the senses. Soft and flexible to the touch and visually beautiful
- A Sense of Ritual - the wrapping and unwrapping of the journal is a moment of ritual that many leather journal owners savour
- It's His Story - Writing becomes an experience again! Holding a writing instrument in his hand and making his mark is very personal.
This Handcrafted Journal features:
- A5 Leather Journal (approx 21cm H x 15cm W - Half an A4)
- Quality genuine leather handcrafted cover
- Genuine kangaroo leather wrap around strap
- 144 Pages
- Italian paper in ivory creme
- 90gsm paper weight
- Hand folded and pierced
- Hand stitched with hand painted thread
- Signed by the Binder
- Totally handmade by a book lover in Australia
- Each journal is gift boxed and tied with a satin ribbon at no extra cost.
And you are supporting and enabling an Artisan Tradition to continue!
From the Maker's Hands to Yours...
A labour of Pride & Love!