Handcrafted in Australia - an Artisan Tradition
Hand stitched leather journals have a magical quality! Used for hundreds of years, you can feel this tradition when you hold one.
Handcrafted in the style of an earlier era, each journal is a work of art and signed by the Binder. Read about the Leather Journal story here...>
The Treasured Qualities of a Handcrafted Journal:
- Strength - the hand stitched pages result in a stronger journal than glued books
- Flexibility - the soft leather covers tuck easily into bags, pockets and backpacks - unlike hard covered books
- Easy to write in - pages lay flat - NO spiral bindings
- Protection - the wrap around cover protects the fore edge of the pages, the wrapping strap helps to hold the cover securely closed
- Sensual - the feel of a handcrafted leather journal delights the senses. Soft and flexible to the touch and visually beautiful
- A Sense of Ritual - the wrapping and unwrapping of the journal is a moment of ritual that many leather journal owners savour
- It's Your Story - Writing becomes an experience again! Holding a writing instrument in your hand and making your mark is very personal.
This Handcrafted Journal features:
- A5 Leather Journal (approx 21cm H x 15cm W - Half an A4)
- Quality genuine leather handcrafted cover
- Genuine kangaroo leather wrap around strap
- 192 pages
- Italian Paper in ivory creme
- 100gsm paper weight
- Hand folded and pierced
- Hand stitched pages
- Italian Aurifil Egyptian Cotton thread
- Signed by the Binder
- Totally handmade by a book lover in Torquay, Australia
Personalise This Journal
The journal can be personalised with a Title Page printed with a name, a quote or both. Add a personalised title page to this journal ...>
And you are supporting and enabling an Artisan Tradition to continue!
From the Maker's Hands to Yours...
A labour of Pride & Love!
50 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The book is absolutely stunning and better than I expected. Beautifully presented and gift wrapped and is the highest of quality. The customer service received was very friendly and extremely efficient. Would give Bookseed a 6* star review if I could. Thank you kindly for an outstanding product and customer service :-)
Stunning craftsmanship. Everything I hoped for. Service was excellent. Highly recommend.
Wonderful work - was bought as a gift and they loved it. Thank you, truly is a special gift.
Extremely happy with the service provided and the product exceeded my expectation for quality
Beautiful product that delivered on all fronts with the lovely option of personalising with your own title page. Delighted with the result
exceeded my expectations
Love it so soft and well made
I had the first page specially printed as a 50th gift for my friend to take on a European trip, as a journal for her adventures. She loved it. It is the perfect gift that keeps on giving, it will hold special memories for years to come.
GREAT quality book fast delivery just perfect
I was so excited to see the journal when it arrived in the mail and it definitely exceeded my expectations. It looks, feels and smells like something that was made before my time. You can tell how much love has been put into these pieces of artistry and I can't wait to give it as a gift even though I'd quite like to keep it for myself!
After receiving one of Beverley’s books myself I couldn’t wait to return the favour by passing one onto my best friend for her 30th. It’s a piece I hope she treasures forever as I know I will mine. Thanks Beverley for your beautiful workmanship and love put into making keepsakes.
Beautiful journal with great leather. Can tell the quality and stitching will last a long time. Perfect gift